Q: I bled my clutch master cylinder and now how do I get my clutch pedel back up after bleeding Master Clutch Cylinder? Wha asked by

asked by on November 30, 2017

yesterday afternoon I bled my clutch master cylinder and now my clutch pedal is down on floor board and won't rise back up, what do I do? My car has 89400 miles. My car has a manual transmission. I know there is a clutch pedal adjustment bolt which I can see but am too big to get under dash to adjust pedal and fix it

If you refer to YourMechanic’s on-line clutch system tutorial you will see that there are four possible reasons why the clutch pedal would fail to return, namely: 1) a failed clutch release bearing; 2) a failed slave cylinder; 3) a failed clutch master cylinder; and 4) a broken clutch linkage. At the cited link, there are brief instructions, covering each failure mode, that may allow you to perform a self diagnostic. You will get a speedier resolution though if you request a mobile diagnostic, right at your location. If you desire that service, please schedule using YourMechanic’s clutch pedal failure to return service page and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.