Q: I disconnected the battery to clean the recepticles, then reconnected and went to start the truck.. now it won't start.

asked by on December 23, 2016

Disconnected battery for cleaning. Reconnected after. Went to start. Not start. Car has power but will not start.

What is the problem?

Car is not starting Inspection $94.99 - $114.99 Get a Quote

Hello. Thank you for writing in. There are several issues that may be contributing to your symptoms. The battery may be failing. If the battery is on its way out, it may be able to supply the needed energy for the electronics, but not to start the vehicle. In this case, replace the battery, if not you will need to test the other components. The first thing you are going to want to do is check the fuses in your main fuse box. If any of the starting or charging systems’ relays or fuses are blown, the vehicle may not start. With that said, you will need a ohmmeter or multi-meter to perform those tests. The computer may also be struggling to reconnect to the rest of the modules. Try turning the key to the "On" position for a moment before cranking over the engine. If this helps, turn off the vehicle and try it again. The fuel pump may be needing to be primed and may be failing. Further testing needs to be done. For more help starting the vehicle and resolving the issue, contact our service department.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr