Q: I broke down yesterday and the engine will crank and back fires but will not run 1993 Dodge Dakota

.i broke down yesterday and it will crank like hell and back fires but will not run timing chain or fuel pump

Hello. I would typically start by doing a compression test of the engine. If the compression is low then there is a timing chain issue. If the compression is fine then you may have an issue with the ignition timing so that would need to be tested also. If you are thinking of having this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the engine will not start] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-not-starting-inspection

3. I broke down yesterday and the engine will crank and back fires but will not run 1993 Dodge Dakota