Q: What does the brake system Warning Light mean in a 2012 Ford Explorer?

What does the brake system Warning Light mean?

The brake system Warning Light is located on the instrument panel. This light illuminates when the parking brake is engaged, when there is a problem with the brake system, or when the brake fluid is low. As soon as you notice the brake system Warning Light illuminated, make sure the parking brake is disengaged. If the light remains on, schedule a service immediately. Tip The brake system Warning Light briefly illuminates when your car is first turned on. The light is only a problem if it stays lit for an extended period.