Q: My car will not accelerate in speed and there is a knocking noise

asked by on November 05, 2016

I was driving on the highway when i hear a loud pop. My car would not go any faster and soon would not even accelerate over 30 mph.

Car is slow to accelerate Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Usually when you’re driving and you notice a loud popping sound, followed by deceleration and troubles maintaining a higher speed, the issue exists within the transmission. However, there are multiple engine components ranging from ignition systems to fuel systems that could also be the source of your Ford Mustang’s problems. The best way to save time, money and get a good diagnosis is to contact one of our local mechanics to complete a car is slow to accelerate inspection. This will permit them to inspect the vehicle and determine the precise source of your issues.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr