Q: Car vibrating & making alot of noise while driving. 1996 Toyota Corolla

asked by on December 19, 2016

My car is making a loud noise and vibrating while you are driving it. It sounds like its coming from the front end. Its crazy cause its loud and vibrating when you press the gas but when you take your foot off the gas pedal it goes away. We've replaced the drivers side wheel bearing and cv joint but it still makes this noise and vibrates. Also when we changed the cv joint we noticed that the brake pad isnt touching the rotor and you can rock the wheel back and forth. When you are driving it it kinda feels like the wheel is shaking and sometimes you can feel the wheel kinda pull the steering wheel. We cant figure out whats causing this? Please help

Car is shaking or vibrating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there - I think you have unrepaired damaged still. The vibration you feel through the steering wheel is an out-of-balance tire, bent wheel, or tire that is separating. It is also possible the vibration/noise is coming from the passenger-side axle/CV joint which was not replaced. The noise could be the passenger-side wheel bearing assembly, or possibly worn bearings in the final drive in the transmission. I would recommend a thorough inspection of the front suspension and drivetrain](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-shaking-or-vibrating-inspection) by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.