Q: Brake Pads, rotors caliper replacement what is the cost of labor

went to two shops one said i need to replace breakpads/calipers/rotors the other said i need just rotors to be replaced...i brought all parts i need an honest assessment and what it would cost me to put on the required parts (cost of labor?)

If the brakes are otherwise functioning properly (i.e. not sticking or grabbing inadvertently), then it is likely you do not need to replace the calipers. If your vehicle pulls to one side when you apply the brakes it typically means that you have a braking imbalance at one of the front wheels. When this happens, this means that one of the brake calipers is doing it’s job at normal or full capacity in terms of stopping power and the other is not. This will cause the vehicle to pull to the side that is working properly since this side is exerting more stopping power than the other side.

If you feel a vibration or shaking when pressing on the brake pedal, this may be a sign of warped rotors. When you press on your brake pedal, this activates a hydraulic pressure which forces small pistons inside your brake calipers to push the brake pads against the brake rotors which is what causes the stopping power you are familiar with when pressing your brake pedal. When this happens, an enormous amount of heat is generated due to the friction between the brake pads and rotors. The brake rotors eventually cool down and then heat up again the next time you press on the brakes. Over time this can cause them to warp slightly causing very small low spots on the surface of the brake rotor. When this happens and the brake pads are applied again to the rotors, this causes an uneven surface (on the rotor) to be applied to the flat surface brake pad, which can cause a vibration, shaking or very loud grinding sound. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and replace your brake rotors.

3. Brake Pads, rotors caliper replacement what is the cost of labor