Q: Key stuck in ignition

The key is stuck in the ignition. I was told by a locksmith it's the neutral safety switch. The battery is also dead from sitting unused.

Hello! There are three things that are likely causing your issue: a faulty interlock control unit, a stuck gear shift lock, or a faulty ignition cylinder. At times, a little WD-40 on the key and key hole, or wiggling the gear shifter, will release the key; I suggest having a technician evaluate these components. I suggest having a certified mobile mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come out to the location of your Accord to inspect your stuck ignition key, and quote the necessary repair.

3. Key stuck in ignition