Q: clicking noise when turn signal is off

asked by on May 02, 2017

Lately when my car is on it makes a fast clicking noise as if the turn signal is on, just a bit faster, my hazard lights and turn signals both work perfectly and when they are turned on they click normally, but when they aren't on, the fast clicking continues.

Hi there. If you are hearing a repetitive clicking sound, it is possible that it’s coming from the engine compartment. In some cases, this can be caused by a loose serpentine or drive belt or pulley, a timing belt that is worn out, or cylinder head components that are loose or not receiving enough lubrication. The best way to diagnose this problem is to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection.