Q: Car won't start, ETC and Check Engine light on

Hi I have a 2012 Dodge Journey R/T, I went out to start it this morning and when I pushed on the brake pedal it felt as though it would not go down all the way, then when I hit the start button it would not start the ETC and check engine light flashed. After hitting the start button the lights were on the button said run but the car wasn't starting, it was however making some noise like it wanted to start. It did this several more times. I went in the house to grab car keys for my husbands truck so I could get to work and noticed that the passenger side interior light was on. I also opened up the back end to get something out and the light was flashing on and off in the back.

Hi there:

Today’s modern cars, trucks and SUV’s are incredibly complex that are monitored by multiple sensors and electrical components. If one of these components detects a fault, it will illuminate the check engine light. However, it’s very common that several parts can break or become faulty at the same time; which is most likely what’s causing all the starting issues on your Dodge. The best way to reduce cost and ensure your car gets fixed correctly the first time is to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a check engine light inspection first.