Q: is it normal for an automatic 4 cylinder car to jerk or shudder going uphill?

Is it normal for an automatic 4-cylinder car to jerk or shudder while going uphill?

This is not normal and you most likely have an engine misfire from a bad plug or ignition coil. Have the engine computer scanned to see what cylinder is misfiring and then you can isolate what cylinder is having the problem. If no misfires then you may have a loss of fuel pressure or clogged fuel filter. Have fuel pressure checked to verify the problem.

3. is it normal for an automatic 4 cylinder car to jerk or shudder going uphill?