Q: My truck is slow on take off

When im fully stopped like at a stop sign or yield sign and i try to push the gas down to take off it takes a bit fot the truck to get to fast speed with the pedal all the way down but once im driving and floor it it speeds up good seems its just on take off it has a small hesitation when i floor it could it be spark plugs

Slow acceleration has a variety of causes. Fuel injectors can become clogged over time as the tiny passages become clogged. When an injector is clogged it can degrade the performance of the vehicle and the car may accelerate slowly or feel that it does not have enough power. Other symptoms include a rough idle, a vehicle that is hard to start and a decrease in fuel efficiency. A defective fuel pump will not supply enough fuel to the injectors. This can cause the vehicle to accelerate slowly, or even sputter and stall, especially at high speeds. A clogged fuel filter can also restrict the amount of fuel that reaches the injectors. A dirty airflow sensor can cause the wrong data to be be sent to the computer. A slow accelerating car is the result of this incorrect data. It may also trigger the Check Engine light. Another cause of poor acceleration is a vacuum leak. To get the underlying cause of the problem resolved, you can request an engine diagnostic for slow acceleration. The responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My truck is slow on take off