Q: rack & pinion broke on my right passenger tire. what should i do to get it fixed?

asked by on March 04, 2018

a mechanic told me my rack & pinion broke. my right wheel is on the axle but it just won’t turn. it you lift the car up the wheel can move freely and the steering pinion is snapped basically. i just want to know which service should i select in your guys menu

Hi Jalil. Thanks for contacting us today. It’s very difficult to tell you exactly what service will resolve your problem without completing an inspection ourselves first. If the rack and pinion have been damaged due to an accident or hitting something in the road, it’s quite possible that there is additional damage or that the actual damage is caused by a bracket or other steering system component. With your car being 2016, it’s highly doubtful that it just broke without a serious impact - so you should probably book this service first, to confirm exactly what repairs are needed.