Q: I have a 2000 mecury mountaineer. When driving spots in gears between 30 an 40. There is no back fire just misses.

When accelerating 30 to 40 mecury mt missing in gear changing its not a back fire but a small kick it will also start in the gear at 50....but not all of the time...I have recently replaced a cam sensor....the truck has great pick up an speed ... Could this be timing ? CADELAIC CONVERTER? OR TRANS SERVICE? PLEASE HELP.... .THANKDAR

The transmission has an accumulator spring that may be broken or the shift valve in the control module may have a broken spring. If an accumulator spring or a shift valve spring breaks in a transmission, the shifting will be felt and seem as the engine is misfiring. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission.

3. I have a 2000 mecury mountaineer. When driving spots in gears between 30 an 40. There is no back fire just misses.