Q: Transmission slipping.

My transmission is slipping. I believe I have a leak somewhere.

Hello. Fluid pressure is used inside the automatic transmission to convert the engines rotation into working torque. Any major leak inhibits operations, fluid pressure cannot build properly, and the transmission starts to slip as it cannot transfer the power. There is damage being done and it should be fixed immediately. Have a mechanic, like the ones here at YourMechanic, come out to inspect the leak and ensure an optimal transmission fluid level. A low level obviously indicates a leak. If the transmission is full, however, and the fluid is dark and burned, there may be an internal failure.