Q: my car revs high without gaining speed for several seconds

i start my car and put it into gear and the rpms go high/revs high barley gaining any speed and while driving down the road accelerating it revs high without gaining speed i then let off the gas and then slowly give it gas and it accelerats slowly.. my husband saw a hose ontop of the motor was compressing and so he replaced the part of the hose that compressed but it still does it.while idling in nutral sometimes sounds and feels like it is going to die so i give it a lil gas.with the hose my husband fixed when it is removed the car will die unless i give it gas and when i do that the motor feels like its getting hotter. ,y husband accidently drove uphill for 2 miles with the e brake on and it stunk so bad and now it is way worse it barley accelerates and revs high way more?? i need it fixed today what is wrong??

A: You most likely are having more than one pr...

You most likely are having more than one problem. The main problem of revving high is the clutch slipping and the clutch needing replacement. As with the problem with the hoses collapsing, if it is a coolant hose, then the radiator cap vent is bad and the cap needs replaced. If the hose is something else, then it should be looked at by a mechanic to diagnose. An intake air tube collapsing could mean a restriction in the air filter or housing intake. A technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose your car's acceleration problem to let you know what needs repair.