Q: Emergency brake in 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee stuck

The emergency brake seems to be stuck. I release the handle from inside the car; however, when I drive I can feel the the car braking when I take my foot off the gas pedal.

A: Hello. If your Jeep feels like it is slowin...

Hello. If your Jeep feels like it is slowing down on its own, then the brakes may be binding. It may have to do with the parking brake or it can be something else. I would typically get the vehicle in the air and spin each wheel by hand with the vehicle in neutral. If any of the wheels are binding, then that would be a good indication of where to begin inspecting. If all of the wheels are hard to turn, then it may be a brake master cylinder. If only the rears are binding, then the parking brake cable may not be releasing. If none of them are hard to turn, then it may be a transmission failure. I would get some help from a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, to inspect the parking brake issue.