Q: SUV rear brake squeaking - 2015 Buick Encore

The rear brakes in my SUV are scraping, squeaking, and have reduced the performance of the vehicle. Even though the dealership tried to fix them using identical parts to the original ones, the problem still persists. I only purchased this car last year and within a few months I have taken it in for rear rotors and pads replacements. It has approximately 11,000 miles now. After they replaced the rotors and pads, there was no improvement at all. I was told by the service manager that I would be notified by mail when a fix becomes available. Would you please tell me what you know about these problems and what I should do to get them fixed? Thank you.

You may consider having the brake pads changed with some non-Buick pads (i.e. aftermarket). Based on the number of complaints on this issue, General Motors seems to have a mismatch on brake pad material with this model. This will, unfortunately, be at your expense since brake pads are a "normal wear item", but probably the only solution. A professional mechanic, like a certified technician from YourMechanic, can inspect your breaking system and make the necessary repairs at your home or office.

3. SUV rear brake squeaking - 2015 Buick Encore