Q: My 2003 dodge neon suddely died while driving...Everything works except that it wont start

My issue is that a couple of days ago my 2003 dodge neon with about 123700 miles suddenly went dead while driving and now it wont start. It cranks, but it wont start even with a jump. I tested the battery and it is good...I checked the starter and fuel pump and they are all good.....So now I am thinking it is the timing belt......Which brings me to the following questions....If in fact the timing belt broke, will there be damage to the engine since the belt broke? or is the solution to simply replace the timing belt along with Water Pump Replacement, Timing Belt Tensioner Replacement, Timing Belt Pulley Replacement and the serpentine drive belt replacement...Please advise

A: Whether or not your engine is an "inte...

Whether or not your engine is an "interference engine" depends on which one your car has. The Neon was available with both a 2.0 ltr. and 2.4 ltr. Whether in SOHC or DOHC (single-overhead-cam or double-overhead-cam) form, the 2.0 ltr. IS an interference engine. If the timing belt broke, odds are pretty certain that you may have a bent valve or two and possible piston damage. Only removing the cylinder head will reveal if the tops of any pistons are damaged. However, the 2.4 ltr. DOHC is NOT an interference engine. Damage is still possible but less likely. The 2.4 ltr. SOHC IS an interference engine. Without scoping out the problem in person, it would be hard to definitively tell you what repairs are needed. I would recommend having a certified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the vehicle's stalling issue to pinpoint any faults and determine which component(s) should be repaired.