Q: Car overheating with coolant smell while driving

My car keeps overheating once it heats up. There's a coolant smell that comes off the engine and can smell it while driving. Also coolant sounding like it's boiling

A: It sounds like you have a clogged heater co...

It sounds like you have a clogged heater core which will usually be under your dash. You may want to take it off and use a water hose to flush it out. Before flushing it you may want to inspect it to ensure you don’t have any leaks. From what you’ve described it may be leaking. If you need assistance with this repair, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home to diagnose the overheating issue firsthand and help you make the necessary repairs. Good luck and I hope this helps.