Q: Oil pressure drops too low and then when I start the drive it goes back up to normal 2002 Mercury Mountaineer

When I come to a stop in the oil pressure drops too low in the light comes on but as soon as I give it gas it starts again wanting to know if this has anything to do with maybe a wheel sensor or oil pump

Hello - low oil pressure at a hot idle is a normal indicator of worn engine bearings in a high-mileage engine. Since the oil light turns off when you accelerate indicates the oil pump is pumping more than 5 psi under normal use. Have your oil pressure check (both hot and cold) to determine if this poses a risk to the engine. This may simply be normal wear and tear telling you that you will need an engine rebuild or replacement soon. I recommend a oil light is on inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Oil pressure drops too low and then when I start the drive it goes back up to normal 2002 Mercury Mountaineer