Q: New starter doesn't crank.

My starter won't crank at all. I bought a new one and it still doesn't crank and start.

The starter isn’t the only portion of the starting system that must be operating properly for your engine to crank. The battery and the rest of the starting circuit must be in operating properly, too. In addition, an engine mechanical problem can also cause a no crank condition. A trained technician will be able to diagnose and fix these issues. Since your vehicle doesn’t run, the qualified technicians at YourMechanic would be a good choice since they make house calls.