Q: Where is the fuel filter? 2002 Dodge Dakota

my fuel pump is going out and its getting to the point were i gotta have a foot on the gas to start it up but i cant seem to find the fuel filter as ive never changed it in 3 years or and dont know if the guys before me ever changed it.

Hi - the fuel filter on this puppy is mounting on the top of the fuel tank, between the tank and the truck bed. REALLY painful location. That part also includes the fuel pressure regulator - hence the location as part of the fuel tank assembly. I would recommend a fuel filter replacement by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.