Q: Can anything other than the cat cause that code to appear?

What other than a bad cat cause that code to appear?

Unfortunately, no trouble code was mentioned with this question. Catalytic converter failure will usually cause trouble codes that are related to the oxygen sensors due to the fact that the oxygen sensors pick up their data based on the performance of the catalytic converter. If you need help with a catalytic converter replacement or Check Engine Light diagnosis, a certified professional from YourMechanic can perform these services at your home or office.

3. Can anything other than the cat cause that code to appear?