Unknown leak problem and check gages light + Another Leak...

Q: Unknown leak problem and check gages light + Another Leak

asked by on September 14, 2016

Hi, I just bought this car from my friend and for two weeks now the check gages light keeps coming on and going off right after coming on, even though there is enough oil in the car. When it comes on the oil gage arrow goes on zero and then it goes back to 40 and slowly comes back down to zero. This only happens after 10 minutes of driving the car. When you start the car no lights come on and the oil gage is on 40. So I assume after the oil get hot it does this. Second problem is something I didnt notice at first, underneath the car in the front there is this brown liquid dripping extremely slowly, maybe one drop an hour, and I think if I can send you pictures it would be best, so I've attached a few in an email that I sent to you with the subject being 'Jeep Grand Cherokee 2000' to the email address I saw above. Another problem is that there is a leak on the passenger side floor, it keeps getting wet, but my daughter always sits there and there is no leak from the windows or sunroof.

The leak and cause of the light for gauges coming on could be the oil pressure sensor (which would be leaking and causing the loss of signal to the oil gauge. The leak on the passenger side floor is most likely a plugged a/c drain. Use a small wire or long stiff but flexible item small enough to go into the a/c drain to try to clean out the debris to unplug the drain. You will get a lot of water from the drain when it is UN-plugged. A certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the vehicle leakage and make any necessary replacements, including the oil pressure sensor.