Q: I have a 94 RAM b250 van,the driver side is making a loud clunking noise when turning or driving.upon inspection,the knuckle assem

My van has a bad clunking noise on the driver side when turning the wheel or just driving.upon inspection,I noticed when turning the wheel to the left the whole wheel assembly pops up if you will and goes back down when the steering wheel goes the other way.i was told either lower ball joint or outer tie rod.also clunks when releasing the brakes

Worn ball joints and tie rod ends could account for the noise. If you have CV axles in the front, failure of the outboard CV joint would cause similar noise. To have those suspension components inspected, and replaced as needed, the service to request is a front end inspection and diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic will carefully inspect the vehicle and let you know of the required repairs and cost. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I have a 94 RAM b250 van,the driver side is making a loud clunking noise when turning or driving.upon inspection,the knuckle assem