Q: Yellow triangle and yellow brake light illuminating on dashboard

The yellow triangle and a yellow brake light illuminates on my dashboard intermediately - I have had the brake pads and the brake pad sensors both front and rear replaced, and now the front ABS sensors replaced (although they were not lighting up on the dashboard).

However, they yellow triangle and brake lights came on again a day after the repair. Then disappeared. Drove it for a week with no issue, then the yellow lights came up again when I started the car this weekend. However, they have disappeared again!

Auto Repair Shop said no error codes occurred during diagnostic testing when they first did the repair. They indicated replacing the ABS as that was the most ‘logical’ route to take.

Brake fluid was checked, bulbs checked.

With no error/fault codes, what could be causing the dashboard to light up the triangle and ‘brake’ light intermediately?

Thanks for any insights you can offer!

Hi, thanks for writing in. I recommend checking the brake fluid level and the brake fluid level sensor. These are more "logical", given recent service. Replacing the ABS is an expensive proposition. I would get an ABS reader on it first to see what ABS codes are being generated (these will be "next level deeper" than general OBD II codes). It could also be a dirty wheel speed sensors that just needs a good cleaning. Here at YourMechanic, we can have a technician come to your home or office to perform an ABS light inspection for you, and make or suggest the necessary repairs.

3. Yellow triangle and yellow brake light illuminating on dashboard