Q: Radio doesn't work, door chimes and no blinker noise and battery goes dead.

A couple years ago dealer fixed loose or broken wires on the shift solenoid (wouldn't come out of park) once again won't come out of park also can't get key out of ignition. Apparently a common problem on Impala's with floor shift. I fixed the wires, now I can shift and get the key out, but no radio or door chimes ,and the battery goes dead. Blinkers work but no noise. I have checked several fuses, the brake lights work, turn signals work. I put a OBD scanner on and no codes came up. Before I did any work I disconnected the battery. When I first pulled the console out, I wiggled the shift wires and everything work fine, I wanted a more permanent solution so I bought a new pigtail and use crimp connectors. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Hi there. Check the battery connections to makes sure that they are tight and clean. Then, if the problem still continues and the battery keeps on drawing down to a dead battery, then you need to preform a parasitic draw test. Make sure that the battery is charged before doing this test. To do this test, remove the negative (-) post from the battery and keep away from the battery. Get a digital volt ohm meter (DVOM) and connect one terminal end to the negative battery cable and one to the negative battery post. Now, if with the key in the OFF position, there should be no voltage at all. If there is a voltage of 3 volts all the way to 12 volts, then something is staying on while the key is off. Check all of the connections to the radio and any wires in the dash and see if the voltage either gets higher or goes to 0. If you disconnect the radio and the voltage goes to 0, then the radio is your problem. If not, then back track all of the wiring that you did to the vehicle and see what turns the power off and fix that component. If you need further assistance troubleshooting your vehicle, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that can assist you with the electrical issue that you are having.

• Radio doesn't work, door chimes and no blinker noise and battery goes dead.