Q: Car won't start even with a new ignition switch, alternator, battery and starter 2005 Ford Escape V6

The car is making a fluttering noise when I turn the key but it won't start. I've replaced the ignition switch, alternator, battery and starter. What could possibly be going wrong ?

Hi there:

In many cases, this situation is caused by a faulty crankshaft position sensor; when the engine will turn over and won’t ignite. This is due to an ignition timing problem that needs to be replaced or correctly diagnosed in order to solve. However, it could be other electrical problems or fuel related issues that are causing your Ford Escape to not start. In order to ensure you make the right repairs, you should have a professional mobile mechanic complete a engine is hard to start inspection.

Hi there - you don’t mention a Check Engine condition, but I would check for problem codes whether the Check Engine is lit or not. Checking for spark at the spark plugs will help narrow the diagnosis to spark or fuel supply. The "fluttering sound" you mention is a concern as well - a broken timing chain causes an unusual sound when cranking as well, but there will be many problem codes and a Check engine if this is the case. I would recommend a thorough inspection of the engine systems for this "no start" scenario. A mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

• Car won't start even with a new ignition switch, alternator, battery and starter 2005 Ford Escape V6