Q: Fuel not getting to motor

I just had a new fuel pump installed in my car and now the fuel is not getting to the motor.

A: The fuel system on your vehicle is pretty s...

The fuel system on your vehicle is pretty simple. It consists of the fuel pump, lines, filter, pressure regulator and injectors. Either the fuel pump did not get installed correctly, or it was not the problem to begin with. A clogged fuel pump, restricted line or faulty regulator could also prevent fuel from getting to the engine. In addition, fuel could be getting to the rail but the engine control module (ECM) may not be commanding on the injectors. The first step it to check for fuel pressure. If pressure is sufficient but the engine is still not getting fuel, injector control (pulse) can be checked with a void light. I suggest having a trained mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your vehicle and replace your fuel pump, or any other components of this system, if needed.