Q: What happens if I don't replace my AC compressor in my car?

Noise coming from engine area . Someone said a/C compressor or pulley belt. Would this stop my car from working

A: Good question. A lot of people ask the same...

Good question. A lot of people ask the same question because sometimes you aren’t able to spend so much money just to get your AC fixed or it’s not that big of an issue for you. So, to answer your question, no. You will be fine as long as you don’t need or want AC in your car.

Your AC pulley is a free spinning pulley that has a clutch on it. It will spin freely until you turn the air conditioning on. If the clutch doesn’t work properly, you will still be able to drive your car. I have seen it so many times on vehicles where they just don’t use their AC; however, if your AC compressor doesn’t work, you won’t have cold air coming from your vents.

I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to replace the AC compressor so you can have a working air conditioning system once more.