Q: My car starts up but when put into drive it won’t move i have a 09 Chevy Impala what’s wrong with it?

My car will start up and i can put it into drive but it won’t move. If i don’t touch the car for a while it’ll move for about a few seconds then stop. It sounds like my car is in nutruel and I’m just pressing on the gas

Hi Kemi. Thanks for contacting us tonight. What you’re describing sounds a lot like either an inner transmission failure, damaged seal leak or perhaps a shift solenoid failure. It is also possible that you have debris trapped inside the hydraulic lines of the transmission, which could be removed by having a transmission fluid flush completed. I think before you have any services completed, it would be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to shift inspection. This will permit them to correctly diagnose this issue so the right repairs can be completed.

3. My car starts up but when put into drive it won’t move i have a 09 Chevy Impala what’s wrong with it?