Q: My car starts up but when put into drive it won’t move i have a 09 Chevy Impala what’s wrong with it?

asked by on March 03, 2018

My car will start up and i can put it into drive but it won’t move. If i don’t touch the car for a while it’ll move for about a few seconds then stop. It sounds like my car is in nutruel and I’m just pressing on the gas

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi Kemi. Thanks for contacting us tonight. What you’re describing sounds a lot like either an inner transmission failure, damaged seal leak or perhaps a shift solenoid failure. It is also possible that you have debris trapped inside the hydraulic lines of the transmission, which could be removed by having a transmission fluid flush completed. I think before you have any services completed, it would be a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is hard to shift inspection. This will permit them to correctly diagnose this issue so the right repairs can be completed.