My 2004 jeep grand Cherokee 4.7L V8 has low oil pressure ...

Q: My 2004 jeep grand Cherokee 4.7L V8 has low oil pressure and will not turn over

asked by on June 21, 2017

My 2004 jeep grand Cherokee has low oil pressure and will not turn over

Hi There, It sounds like you may have an issue with a bad oil pump or potentially worn out bearings. This may also suggest you have a worn out camshaft as a result of the cam lobes. This is because the camshafts are reliant on oil squirting onto them from the oil ways fed by the oil pump. On the other hand, if the motor will not turn over at all, there will not be much oil pressure to begin with, which is a separate issue. There are a number of reasons that the engine may not turn over, such as a weak or dead battery, a bad starter relay or an electrical wiring problem. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at the vehicle to properly diagnose and repair.