Q: How to locate and change the tpms

asked by on August 22, 2016

Dealer said the tpms needs to be changed as it was wet and rusted

Electrical components are not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello.

The TPMS sensor is located in the tire. It is installed directly in the wheel and includes the valve stem as part of the unit. Keep in mind however, that in order to access the TPMS sensor, the tire must be removed from the wheel. Unless you have the means to remove a tire from a wheel, this means that the repair will likely require a trip to the shop, at least to remove and reinstall the tire on the wheel. A certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to assess the issue with the sensor and help you accordingly.