Q: Car mixing gas in the oil. Could it be a blown head gasket?

My car started mixing gas with the oil just a short time ago . I found out it could just be a blown head gasket, but anothe said burnt piston rings will do it both are mechanics which should I believe and try to fix first the car still runs pretty well has been parked unless cranking to run a few minutes daily for about 2 weeks

A: Fuel is introduced into the combustion cham...

Fuel is introduced into the combustion chamber at the top of the piston and any gasoline found in the oil pan has to travel passed the piston to get there. The piston rings must be worn very badly and this can be seen when doing a compression test or cylinder leakage test. In that case, the head gasket does have to be replaced during the service, but it may be the piston rings allowing the combustion gases into the crankcase. I recommend you hire the assistance of a professional engine repair shop or visit your local dealer to have the work done and all of the proper parts replaced during the process of the repair.