Q: When I'm driving, my car does this little lurch thing constantly, like it has little accelerations.

This problem started earlier this week after I had left my car sitting for 2.5 weeks.

Hi there. Check the idle air control valve (IAC) to see if it’s plugged up. When the vehicle sits, sometimes the IAC valve can stop working and get plugged up. Remove the vacuum hose to the IAC valve and see if the engine changes as the vehicle is driven. If the vehicle drives normal, then the IAC valve has plugged up and needs to be replaced. If the IAC valve is working fine and causes the engine to stumble when taking the vacuum hose off, then check the mass air flow sensor (MAF) and see if it’s dirty or disconnected. Also, the surging of the engine could be caused by an intake hose that is drawing in air after the MAF sensor. Make sure that all of the intake hose clamps are tight. If you need further assistance with your engine idle surging, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. When I'm driving, my car does this little lurch thing constantly, like it has little accelerations.