Q: Won't crank after being driven, have to cool down first then it will crank

when i drive my truck somewhere and shut it off it will turn over but wont crank ill let it cool off for about an hour or so and it will crank

A: Hi there: There are several reasons why yo...

Hi there:

There are several reasons why your 1996 Dodge Ram might not start when the engine is hot. Some of the common issues include a reduction of volume produced by the fuel pump, spark plugs that are damaged, ignition system components that are wearing out, or a dirty fuel injectors or the throttle body.

Since so many different systems can cause your truck not to start it should be diagnosed properly. If you’d like an accurate repair, consider contacting one of our mobile mechanics to complete a starting issue inspection so they can get to the root source of your issues. Best of luck!