Q: 2010 Chevy Aveo. Overheating.

2010 Chevy Aveo The needle tends to rise indicating it's overheating. I've changed the radiator, the fan (twice), the thermostat, ALL of the hoses and the relay switch to the fan. The needle goes up and down depending if the a/c is on or not. If the a/c is on I have about 20mins before the needle rises and once a/c is off the needle goes down for 5mins then I have to start the process of trying again. There are no visible leaks no fluid overspill just the needle going up and down. Car has under 47,000 miles on it. I need help!!!

A faulty temperature gauge should be ruled out (direct temperature measurement would accomplish that) but, based on the "sequence" you are describing it does sound like real overheating. Other causes of overheating, not included in your list, are trapped air, low coolant level, blockages, a faulty radiator pressure cap, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket, poor engine running condition, and exhaust blockages can also cause overheating. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. 2010 Chevy Aveo. Overheating.