Q: Astrostart

I want an Astrostart, my wife said they hurt the car and they are hard on the battery and starter. I don't believe it. We live in a very cold Minnesota and I am tired of getting into a car when it is 20 below zero.

I believe you are referring to a remote start system. These systems are great in the colder climates for warming up the vehicle without having to physically walk out and start the car. These systems do not harm the battery or the starter in any way. They only enact the same functions that are normally requsted of these two parts. The remote start system simply bypasses the key in order to start up the car. I would strongly recommend this feature in a colder climate.