Q: How do I use remote vehicle start?

How do I use remote vehicle start?

Remote vehicle start allows you to turn on your vehicle before you get inside it. To use the remote vehicle start feature, you will need your remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitter. To start the vehicle from the outside, press and release the door lock button. As soon as you have released this button, press and hold the power button (which looks like a circle with an arrow on the end) for two seconds. After holding the button for two seconds, the vehicle’s signal lights will flash on and off, the parking lights will turn on, and the engine will start. The engine will stay on for 10 minutes.

Tip

You can extend the time that the engine will stay on by repeating the vehicle start process at any point when the engine is already on. This will add 10 minutes to the engine time. You can only extend the remote vehicle start once.

3. Q: How do I use remote vehicle start?