Q: Why when the front brake pads are installed onto the rotor they sit about a 1/4 of an inch higher than the rotor?

The brake pads sit a quarter of an inch higher than the rotor?

Hello. If you are referring to the brake pads extending past the edge of the rotor, then I believe you may have the wrong brake pads, or perhaps the wrong rotors installed on the vehicle. I would verify that the correct parts were installed by checking part numbers, and if necessary comparing parts.

If you need some help with these checks, a certified mechanic would be happy to assist you by inspecting your break system to ensure the proper installation of your brakes.

• Why when the front brake pads are installed onto the rotor they sit about a 1/4 of an inch higher than the rotor?