Q: Why when the front brake pads are installed onto the rotor they sit about a 1/4 of an inch higher than the rotor?

The brake pads sit a quarter of an inch higher than the rotor?

Hello. If you are referring to the brake pads extending past the edge of the rotor, then I believe you may have the wrong brake pads, or perhaps the wrong rotors installed on the vehicle. I would verify that the correct parts were installed by checking part numbers, and if necessary comparing parts.

If you need some help with these checks, a certified mechanic would be happy to assist you by inspecting your break system to ensure the proper installation of your brakes.

3. Why when the front brake pads are installed onto the rotor they sit about a 1/4 of an inch higher than the rotor?