Q: Hello, I have a 2002 volvo s60 2.4t and I'm experiencing a problem.

Reduced Engine Performance. Hello, My car will sometimes take about 2 or 3 times to start after cranking for longer than it should. When it does start the Reduced Engine Performance light comes on and the car idles a little rougher than normal. This doesn't always happen though. Only sometimes. I just am afraid I'm killing my starter and don't want to be stranded somewhere. I also read somewhere that my model car is supposed to idle around 850 rpm. Mine is idling around 600 in park and drive. The dealer that sold it to me has changed the brake switch and the MAF but the problem persists. I'm out of my 30 day lemon law period so I'm on my own now. Thank you for any help you can give :)

Look under the hood for any air hoses or vacuum lines that may be broken or disconnected. Any air that gets into the engine without passing through the air flow meter will mean the engine will not get enough fuel. If you don’t find anything there, you probably have some kind of sensor failure.Your car has a network of sensors that tell the electronic control unit what conditions are. Air flow, Air pressure, temperature load, crank position, cam position, and other variables are all measured by these sensors and the ECU uses this information to decide how much fuel to inject and when to light the spark. When one sensor fails, The ECU is programmed to substitute a fixed value for the information that is missing so that you can continue to operate the car. It will keep running, but not as well. The ECU will have one or more codes stored that a technician can read with a scanner that will describe the failure. So you need to have the car scanned in order to determine what the trouble is. You can have that conveniently done by contacting Your Mechanic. They can send a technician to your home or office to check out your Volvo and let you know just what it will take to solve your problem.

3. Hello, I have a 2002 volvo s60 2.4t and I'm experiencing a problem.