Q: Running lights and tail lights stay on when the engine is off and the key removed

After I stop the car, turn off the key and park, my headlights and rear lights stay on. I know a little about cars, so I removed the fuse in order to not drain the battery until I know what to do. How do I fix this?

Hello. It sounds like your time delay in the control module is not working. It may also be a short in the switch but that is not as likely. The retained power relay may be failing or the control module itself may be failing. I typically access the module and see if it will stop supplying power when it times out. If it does not, then the module is bad. If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your headlights and make any needed repairs.

• Running lights and tail lights stay on when the engine is off and the key removed