Q: What does the key-in ignition warning chime mean?

What does the key-in ignition warning chime mean?

The key-in ignition warning chime sounds when you have opened the driver’s door while the key is still in the ignition.

When my van sits overnight it won't start until I jump it.

Check the battery for any parasitic load applying to it. To do this, make sure that the battery is fully charged and remove the negative battery cable from the battery. Then put a digital meter cables on the negative battery...

Can't find a ecu.

You can use the engine but you are going to have a hard time getting it to work since the two years are a generation apart when it comes to the computer systems. The 1994 was an OBD1 and the...

Clicking sound upon startup

Hi there. I have come across this many times on this engine. If the clicking noise comes up when the vehicle is first started, then check the engine oil first and replace it if it is old. I have also...

How do I turn the compass on or off?

The compass in the car will tell you which direction you’re traveling. You can turn it on or off. Press Auto on the rearview mirror for three seconds or longer to turn the compass on or off. Press Auto...

Bad key or ignition switch

Hi, the car is still fairly new and it is rare for the ignition switch to fail so early. Does the security light on the dash light up and flash when trying to start the car? This would mean the...

How do you use the mechanical key?

If your car has an Intelligent Key system, it also has a mechanical key tucked away inside the body of the remote. This is a vital tool and should be used if the battery dies in your Intelligent Key, as...

How do you use a mechanical key with a smart key system?

You push the Release button on the side of the mechanical key and remove the key from the electronic key. Re-insert it to put it back in place. The grooves on the key allow it to insert in only one...

Something with the brakes

You may have a seized brake caliper or a hose holding pressure to the brake caliper. You will need to isolate the failure by opening the bleeder on the caliper of the wheel that is seized and see if wheel...

How does the Speed Sensitive steering work?

All Fusion models have Speed Sensitive steering, regardless of whether you have an Electronic Power Steering system or a Hydraulic system. This feature is designed to make it simpler to turn the wheel when you’re driving at low speeds. Here’s...