Q: Performance chip messed up my car

After installing a performance chip, my car no longer starts. I have various warning lights coming on, including the Check Engine, Reduced Power, Oil, and Battery lights. I removed the chip, but the car still won't start.

A: Since I don’t know what kind of chip you ha...

Since I don’t know what kind of chip you have or the specifics of how it was installed, I’m not sure how much advice I can provide. But first, I would start by double checking that everything is exactly how it was prior to chip installation. I know some of these chips require splicing into various wires. Make sure the wires are all back together and making good contact. If everything looks good, you can try resetting the powertrain control module (PCM). To do this, the battery cables should be removed and the cable ends touched together. Note: I’m NOT talking about the battery posts. I’m talking about touching the battery cable ends together, away from the battery. The cables should be left like this for approximately 30 minutes. If this doesn’t solve your problem, it’s possible that the chip fried the PCM. I suggest having a professional mechanic inspect the chip and it’s electrical components in order to repair your Saturn.