Q: What other cars could fit my engine?

asked by on February 04, 2017

I was in a car accident and now my 99 Toyota Corolla is unfit for repair. The engine is still good with decent mileage, so I was wondering what other cars I could have my engine fitted for

Corolla 1.8L engines for model years 1998 through 2008 all used the same head casting and the same block casting. However, beginning in August 1999, and continuing through model year 2008, all of the 1.8L engines were equipped with variable valve timing (VVT) on the intake. The head and block were otherwise the same during 1998-2008. If your 1999 Corolla engine does NOT have VVT, the "complete" engine will not be drop in interchangeable with model years 2000-2008, although parts of the engine will be usable. At minimum, the block and head castings are identical and interchangeable for all years. If you engine does NOT have VVT, it is identical to the engine used in the 1998 model year. Please let us know if you have further concerns or questions as we are always here to help you.