Q: Door doesn't open

asked by on February 02, 2016

The driver's side door doesn't open even though all other doors open. The lock functions, but the door doesn't open.

It sounds like there’s a problem with the latch itself. There are linkage rods or cables that connect the lock lever and door handles to the latch. A bent or sticking mechanism inside the latch is probably to blame. The only way to access the latch itself with the door unable to open is from the top with the window down or removing the door panel. Removing the panel with the door closed is very difficult or impossible. A qualified mechanic from YourMechanic can come out and diagnose your door opening issue if you need help.