Q: Maintenance schedule for VW Jetta SE

What maintenance schedule should I stick to for my new car? I just bought the VW Jetta SE, and I love it. I'm curious as to what ongoing maintenance it will need. I am not used to the German engineering since it is slightly different to the American-made cars that I have owned.

Most vehicles have two maintenance schedules to choose from which are normal, and heavy duty. The reason for the heavy duty schedule is for drivers who do a lot of stop-and-go driving, excessive idling (police), driving in dusty conditions, or extremely hot or cold climates. If you do not drive under any of these conditions, the normal schedule would likely be the best choice.

Your owner’s manual should be able to provide more information on the intervals for service and the conditions to consider when choosing a maintenance schedule.

In addition, YourMechanic has maintenance recommendations based on mileage for your Volkswagen.