Q: Creaking sound at the rear end, at lower speeds

In the last five months, my car has been making a rear creaking sound that is very loud and annoying. I took the car to the dealer a few times and was told that everything is fine. However, the sound is very noticeable, especially at lower speeds. It usually occurs when I try to accelerate after being at the red lgiht for instance, as well as when I'm making a turn. Also, it can be heard when I come into or exit the car. What do you think can be the cause of it? I appreciate your help.

A: From what you’ve described it sounds like a...

From what you’ve described it sounds like a problem with your suspension, there is a couple of things you will need to inspect. Check and lube any of the rubber sway bar and control arm bushings. Inspect the springs that show signs of rubbing on the body when moving up and down. The spring will show rub marks where it hits then the springs can be repositioned as necessary.

If you need help with these checks, feel free to contact a qualified mechanic who can diagnose the source of the noise firsthand. Once this is done, an accurate repair can be made to fix your car.