Broken crankshaft position sensor v8-8.1l 2001 gmc sierra...

Q: Broken crankshaft position sensor

I tried pulling out crankshaft position sensor and it broke off, it is at back of engine, it is a 8.1 ltr

It depends on where the sensor broke as to whether it can still be removed. In most cases, a professional mechanic would remove multiple components that would make it easier to access. Once it’s clear, you can usually use a pair of vice-grips to clip onto the sensor and slowly remove. You don’t want to drill a hole in it as debris will fall into the block. If you don’t feel comfortable doing this repair, you might want to contact one of our mobile mechanics to assist you remove the crankshaft position sensor.